It seems like a pretty simple, straightforward marketing campaign. The National Anthem in the background is a nice touch. Though, I can't help but wonder WHAT REASON ARE THEY HERE?!?!? I keed, I keed.
Denied reasons include:
- I'm here because I was born to be a hockey player. (many players are Canadian, so the reference doesn't work).
- I don't play hockey for the post-game riots.
- I'm not here to cuss out the media.
- I didn't come to KC for the, um, err, beautiful...beaches...
- I am here so I don't have to see Pierre Maguire between the benches.
- I am not a candy ass!
- I'm here as a means to get to the Chicago Wolves. That would be pretty cool.
- I'm not a crook!
- I'm not here for the mascot. (ed. note: that's the #1 reason why anyone joins the Mavs)
- I'm listening to the f---in' song!
The players featured are, from left to right:
G: Charlie Effinger
I'm certain that is F: Ed McGrane
F: Sebastian Thinel (SEABASS!)
F: Carlyle Lewis
D: Mike Wakita
I think it's D: David Pszenyczny. He has kind of a blank stare thing goin' on.
A little new guys mixed in with the Mavs vets. Another nice touch. Bravo, Mavs marketing team/ interns.
Also, here is a good read from LA Kings blog Mayors Manor challenging the idea that KC is not a hockey town. This was written before the exhibition game this fall, but it's still relevant nonetheless. (I will do my best to post more articles when they are still in mint condition, which is about two minutes in Internet-time.)